Bell Racing is proud to announce the introduction of the new HP7, a state-of-the-art and innovative helmet conceived for open cockpit racing. The HP7 is the direct result of a never ending intense Research & Development program by our international team of engineers and their close collaboration with Formula One drivers and teams.
Meeting or exceeding Snell SA2010 Standard and FIA8860-2010 Advanced Helmet Standard, the HP7 benefits from the latest technological evolutions and innovations in the fields of aerospace and military grade composite materials and energy absorbing materials.
At Bell Racing, Function always comes first. Styling is considered as an important second step, but can never be detrimental to efficiency. The result is a sleek, lightweight and efficient HP7 helmet, setting up new standards in the small and coveted world of open cockpit racing. The HP7 main features are:
- Super high strength carbon composite shell, made in Bell Racing’s high pressure proprietary molding system, allowing pressures up to twice as high as in conventional autoclaves, combined with titanium hardware
- Shell & shield design have been optimized by moving the shield pivot points to a lower position, conferring cleaner sides, benefiting to aerodynamic behavior, energy absorbing capacities and acoustic comfort
- Optimized ventilation thanks to a total of no less than 14 air intake and extraction channels strategically located around the shell, ensuring perfect ventilation all around the head and the face
- Various aerodynamic appendixes, such as air intakes, air extractors, spoilers and chin bar gurneys to ensure perfect cooling and perfect helmet stability at high speed in the most challenging open cockpit car environments
- Optical grade injected Double Screen Anti Fog shield, with variable thickness exceeding 5mm in the field of vision, setting up new standards in vision quality and fog control
- Improved shield sealing thanks to a new specific hollow synthetic rubber gasket, ensuring that no air and mainly no water in wet conditions can penetrate into the helmet through the eyeport
- New ergonomic interior, using multiple densities comfort foams and padding to ensure best possible fit to a variety of head shapes
- Chin guard removable face piece, available in various thicknesses to accommodate all kind of cheeks and jaw shapes, with integrated channels offering multiple possibilities to install the optional integrated drinking tube system and all kinds of radio microphone systems
HP7 is available in two different versions, with or without chin bar duckbill (front spoiler).